The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

643 Pack Wars Tournament

Current and up and coming Breaks for the week!

643 Pack Wars Tournament

Postby teeks643 » 2018-Mar-Tue-05-03

Each time a Pack Wars Tournament is posted, it will consist of 2 Boxes of Upper Deck Series 1 and Series 2 (48 packs total). Participants will earn the hits from those two boxes along the way, and there will be a bonus hobby box for the winner at the end.

There are 23 spots in each tournament, plus 4 satellite wild card spots. Participants will each be assigned a pack, and square off against opponents in each round. The winner of each round earns the hits from both packs and advances to the next round in the tournament. At the end of the tournament, a champion is crowned.

bracket.png
Click Picture for Larger Image

Grand Prize:
The champion of each tournament earns a personal hobby box, their name on the Pack Wars Trophy as well as a free spot in the 643 Pack Wars Tournament of Champions for a chance to win a personal PREMIUM hobby box of 16-17 Upper Deck Black.

Winnipeg Jets Bounty: The first person to pull a Winnipeg Jets hit card in one of their packs will earn a free team in a box of Upper Deck Black.
Jersey Card Bounty: The first person to pull a jersey card in one of their packs will earn a Satellite to both the next Pack Wars Tournament and Pack Wars Tournament of Champions.

Determining the winner of a round
I want to keep this as simple as possible to avoid any potential conflicts.
The hierarchy of trump cards is: Regular YG -> Any mem/auto/#d cards -> Canvas YG -> Program of Excellence -> Clear Cut YG --> YG Exlcusives
In the rare event that a mem/auto/#d card is pulled in the same round as each other, the tiebreaker will be lowest numbered base card, no exceptions.
Any round not containing a trump card will be won by the lowest numbered base card in the packs.
If there is an all-base pack, it will be beaten by any pack with a hit in it.
A pack with 2 insert hits in it will beat a pack with 1 insert hit, but a Young Guns or trump card will still beat a pack with 2 regular inserts in it
In the event that two Young Guns rookies are pulled against each other, the lowest numbered Young Guns card wins.

* The second round of each tournament is a triple threat (3 packs against each other). This is necessary in order to make the total number of spots/packs per box work.
** All spot placements will be randomed before the tournament (they will not go in order of purchase).

All of the spots in the Tournament of Champions are FREE and are earned by winners of each regular Pack Wars Tournament. The Tournament of Champions will be a single box of Series 1 or Series 2 (11 spots per tournament + 2 satellite spots).

toc bracket.png
Click Picture for Larger Image

Grand Prize:
The winner of the Tournament of Champions earns a personal PREMIUM hobby box of 16-17 Upper Deck Black for the champion, the 2 extra packs of Series 1 or 2, and their name on the prestigious gold level of the Pack Wars Trophy.

Winnipeg Jets Bounty: The first person to pull a Winnipeg Jets hit card in one of their packs will earn a free team in a box of Upper Deck Black.
Jersey Card Bounty: The first person to pull a jersey card in one of their packs will earn a Satellite to both the next Pack Wars Tournament and Pack Wars Tournament of Champions.

Satellite Wild Card Spots
643 Members will have a chance to earn entries into a Pack Wars Tournament and the Pack Wars Tournament of Champions via satellite wild card spots. At the beginning of each tournament, all members that have earned a satellite chance leading up to the tournament will be randomized, and the top 4 names (in a regular tournament) or 2 names (in the tournament of champions) will earn a pack in the Wild Card showdown at the bottom-left corner of each tournament bracket. The winner of the Wild Card showdown will earn their way into the regular tournament bracket! Satellite spots can be earned as bonuses in regular box breaks, on the 643 Double Play Bonus wheel, and more.

Any questions? Please post them in this thread, and I will create a Frequently Asked Questions section.
Last edited by teeks643 on 2018-Jul-Tue-02-07, edited 10 times in total.
teeks643
Website Admin

Re: 643 Pack Wars Tournaments

Postby Mason2 » 2018-Mar-Thu-07-03

Hello Tyler, I would like to know how to play in this tournament? Like do we buy into certain breaks?
Mason2

Postby teeks643 » 2018-Mar-Fri-04-03

Mason2 wrote:Hello Tyler, I would like to know how to play in this tournament? Like do we buy into certain breaks?

Hey Mason! I'll be sending out a 643 newsletter and positing here announcing the first tournament tomorrow.

There will be spots to purchase in the Multi-Box section to enter the tournament.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby teeks643 » 2018-Mar-Sat-01-03

PACK WARS TOURNAMENT #1 TONIGHT!

Listings Live @ 9:30 PM Central

Price Per Spot: $19.90

20180331_112819.jpg
Products: 17-18 Upper Deck Series 1 & 17-18 Upper Deck Series 2

Pack Wars Winner Receives:

* Personal Hobby Box Prize: WINNER'S CHOICE!

20180331_112957.jpg
17-18 SP Game Used, 17-18 Artifacts, 15-16 Series 2, 17-18 Series 1, or 17-18 Series 2

** PLUS a Free Entry into the 643 Pack Wars Tournament of Champions
(T.O.C. Winner Receives a Personal Hobby Box of 16-17 Upper Deck Black!)

*** AND their name inscribed on the 643 Pack Wars Championship Trophy

WHO WILL MAKE HISTORY AS 643'S FIRST PACK WARS CHAMPION?

bracket.png

Full Information on the Pack Wars Tournament
Last edited by teeks643 on 2018-Mar-Sat-02-03, edited 2 times in total.
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby teeks643 » 2018-Apr-Sat-12-04

PACK WARS TOURNAMENT #2 TONIGHT!

Listings Live @ 6:00 PM Central
(Please note earlier time this week. If it sells out before bedtime I'd like to Break with Hudson)

Price Per Spot: $19.90

Products: 17-18 Upper Deck Series 1 & 17-18 Upper Deck Series 2

Pack Wars Winner Receives:

* Personal Hobby Box Prize: WINNER'S CHOICE!

** PLUS a Free Entry into the 643 Pack Wars Tournament of Champions
(T.O.C. Winner Receives a Personal Hobby Box of 16-17 Upper Deck Black!)

*** AND their name inscribed on the 643 Pack Wars Championship Trophy

CAN LENNOXMATT DEFEND HIS CHAMPIONSHIP...
OR WILL A NEW KING BE CROWNED?

Full Information on the Pack Wars Tournament
teeks643
Website Admin

Re: 643 Pack Wars Tournament

Postby teeks643 » 2018-Apr-Sat-04-04

I lost some sleep last night thinking of potential occurrences where a ultra rare hit is being beaten by a Upper Deck Portraits card because of the lowest #d base card rule, so I came up with a change that should avoid 99% of "Rare" card conflicts.

This is still a "Young Guns is King" tournament (Young Guns cards are still the top of the food chain), but to avoid a rare card losing out to a common insert, I've added the following to the heirarchy (lowest to highest):

any auto/mem/#d card will beat any other insert -> Regular YG -> Canvas YG -> Prgoram of Excellence -> Clear Cut YG --> YG Exlcusives

Yes, this does mean that there could be the odd occasion where a lower level young guns card is beating a rare patch card, but keep in mind that I still want to keep all subjectivity out of it (I don't want to be responsible for making any decisions on what hit is better). I think adding the mem/auto/#d clause in there will remove a very high percentage of potential conflicts (rare cards against common insert cards).

PACK WARS RULE UPDATES:

1) In the case of an all-base pack - ANY hit in the other pack will beat that pack. It didn't seem right that a pack without any hits yesterday was beaten by an all-base pack due to the lowest #d base card.

2) Breaking Bad Bonus 1: Anyone who does not advance in the first round will automatically receive a satellite chance into the next Pack Wars tournament.

3) Breaking Bad Bonus 2: the loser of the final round of the tournament earns a satellite chance into the Tournament of Champions.

UPDATED Rules for Determining the winner of a round
In this tournament, Young Guns and Program of Excellence cards are King. They will act as trump cards and will win the round.
Other than Young Guns, instead of having a massive list of other hit cards, we will simply state that any memorabilia, autograph, or #d cards beat any other insert cards.
In the rare event that a mem/auto/#d card is pulled in the same round as each other, the tiebreaker will be lowest numbered base card, no exceptions.
Any round not containing a trump card will be won by the lowest numbered base card in the packs.
If there is an all-base pack, it will be beaten by any pack with a hit in it..
In the event that two Young Guns rookies are pulled against each other, the lowest numbered Young Guns card wins.
In summary, the hierarchy of cards is: Any mem/auto/#d cards -> Regular YG -> Canvas YG -> Prgoram of Excellence -> Clear Cut YG --> YG Exlcusives
teeks643
Website Admin

Postby johnnycanuck3 » 2018-Apr-Sat-03-04

So, Ty, taking your list of hierarchy, by extension, would not a Young Guns High Gloss trump a Young Guns Exclusives?
johnnycanuck3

Postby Subterfuge » 2018-Apr-Sat-06-04

hehe yep, already brought that to his attention, high gloss wins
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby Shawn198977 » 2018-Apr-Sat-07-04

But how about a YG printing plate? Isnt that better than a high gloss?
Shawn198977

Next

Return to Hockey Box Breaks