The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

2015 Fantasy MLB

2015 Fantasy MLB

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Mar-Tue-07-03

I decided to make a new and separate spot for MLB since it'll be a long season. This will be a long introductory post so fair warning but it's a refresher and some strategy talk as well.

1. Why I do this?
I do fantasy sports for enjoyment. Like most, if not everyone at 643 I love sports. Daily fantasy sports provides a new challenge every single day. I post advice, players I like, possible lineups because if I can help someone win a few extra dollars with knowledge and a skill I have, I'm all for it. Also by writing these posts, it also allows me to double check my work and if I miss something I can catch it. Another benefit is if you have a question, or want to share your advice and who you like, it benefits all. 2 minds are better than 1.

2. Why you should try it?
On draftkings you can play as low as $0.25. If you play $0.25 every single day for the whole baseball season and lose every single day, it'll cost you $45. I don't play everyday myself but for about 6 months worth of entertainment it's not bad. Here's another reason. If you asked me a year and a half ago if I would be a major NBA, PGA, and MLB fan one day, I would of called you crazy but now I am. It allows you to learn and follow a new sport

3. Sites I play on
I do these post for absolutely nothing, I don't even get a pack of score or even pro set haha. But if you use my referral and use my picks and win I could get a penny or two.
Current promotion Use my referral and make a $5 deposit, you'll get a $20 entry into the opening day tournament or the pga millionaire maker. I will also get a ticket
Draftkings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/flyerstakedown716
Fanduel - will play sometimes for mlb

4. Fantasy Baseball Strategy based on draftkings

Stacking
There's 3 types of stacks I like to do + my secret stack for the year

1. 1-6 Stack - This is where you pick the 1st 6 batters from a single team. This works well if there's a bad pitcher for the other team with a high over / under runs projection for a team.

2. 1-4, 6-7 stack - Similar to the first one but this stack use for a NL team that has a Pitcher hitting. Late in the game the pitcher may be replaced by a pinch hitter and possibly allow the 7th man to score.

3. Fanduel only but can use for draftkings if you pick a different catcher. 1-4 from 2 teams - for use in Coors field with 2 average to bad pitchers

4. Secret stack. Speed + Hitter + HR. Perfect example will be the Marlins. Dee Gordon + Christian Yelich + Stanton. You have Gordon who can steal, Yelich get on base, Stanton HR for a total of 25pts about

Using Opportunity

1. Handiness - Right Handed vs Left Handed, Left Handed vs Right Handed. When facing the opposite Hand, the ball curves towards you. When it does and it floats up, the odds for a HR are greatly increased.

2. Ballpark - Coors Field, Rodgers Center, Great American Ball Park, Chase Field, and Yankee Stadium are the top 5 Hitters park. For pitchers it's Padres, Seattle, and I forget what others but a quick google search can help.

3. 2015 opportunities - So far it seems like Left Handed Pitchers vs Philadelphia and Pitchers vs Atlanta Braves are the 2 best pitching opportunities.

Other random stuff

Bullpen can win or lose you a Win, Premier Batting order is 1-5, For the NL 2nd Baseman who bats 7th or 8th is a good punt / value option. Last but not least reread my posts, sometimes you'll notice a pattern. Subscribe to this topic so you don't miss a post. I'll figure out posting times into the season when I get into a groove last but not least have fun and enjoy the year.

How I research / what I do I use

I have an excel spreadsheet that updates each day. For MLB it factors in Linear and exponential regressions or in other terms moneyball analytic stats. It also factors in ballpark, temperature at game time, history, projections, etc. Also a book I recommend is Fantasy Baseball for Smart People. Yes I am a nerd so don't judge me.

https://yho.com/mlb?l=131174&k=1adc0f1c ... b194daaa56 to follow the 643 yahoo league
Last edited by flyerstakedown716 on 2015-Apr-Tue-04-04, edited 1 time in total.
flyerstakedown716

Re: 2015 Fantasy MLB

Postby Subterfuge » 2015-Mar-Thu-04-03

good read jason!

looking forward to baseball and your tips this year, i have often used dee gordon since i seen how popular he was with you last year, and other speedsters like altuve or whatever.
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Fri-04-04

Opening Day is almost here and it looks like a lot of good contests this year.

*Note - opening day and the first 1-2 weeks of MLB is tough to predict since it's a new season. However the same principles apply from last year*

P - Alvarez
P - Kluber
C - Yan Gomes
1B - Jose Abreau
2B - Chase Utley. What?! No Dee Gordon this is an outrage
3B - Carlos Santana
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Bryce Harper
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Grady Sizemore *if he starts and bats 2-3 spots in front of / behind Utley* Also Like Ben Revere

Fanduel
P Henderson Alvarez
C Yan Gomes
1B Brandon Belt
2B Chase Utley
3B Evan Longoria
SS Yunel Escobar
OF Ben Revere
OF Ryan Braun
OF Joc Pederson

Also another tip is to simply google and try to find out who's been hot / cold during spring training as well. I'm doing more than one lineup but not 100% yet until official lineups are out.

Will be editing this until opening day
Last edited by flyerstakedown716 on 2015-Apr-Sat-05-04, edited 1 time in total.
flyerstakedown716

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Tue-03-04

Well yesterday didn't go as planned but mlb is a long season so a new day is tonight.

Note - STL / Cubs game is postponed and keep an eye on the weather for LAD / SD regarding pitching.

Now I hate to do this since the ownership will be high and chasing points but the rockies lefties are in a good spot. I also like Arizona, Oakland *wind blowing out and against Lewis*, and Mil. Note for MIL Braun may sit.

I am doing fanduel tonight but the same pics apply to draftkings. For draftkings I would do a stack of Col, Ari, Oak. I'll try to write one up. Also like Giants

Fanduel #1
P Jesse Hahn
C Caleb Joseph
1B Stephen Vogt
2B Ben Zobrist
3B Nolan Arenado
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Mark Trumbo
OF Corey Dickerson

Fanduel #2
P Jesse Hahn
C Buster Posey
1B Adam Lind
2B Joe Panik
3B Nolan Arenado
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Norichika Aoki
OF Angel Pagan
OF Carlos Gonzalez

Draftkings stack
P Jesse Hahn
P C.J. Wilson or Tyson Ross
C Stephen Vogt
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Ben Zobrist
3B Nolan Arenado
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Corey Dickerson
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Mark Trumbo
Last edited by flyerstakedown716 on 2015-Apr-Tue-05-04, edited 2 times in total.
flyerstakedown716

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Thu-01-04

I'm noticing a pattern here. I'm stacking the Blue Jays and Phillies for the late game so stack the other team haha but I really like Phillies 1st 4 and Blue Jays.
flyerstakedown716

Postby Subterfuge » 2015-Apr-Thu-02-04

i had a sweet lineup last night, bagged 155 points and managed a 20 buck win on a 3 dollar entry, woulda been more but they took a triple away from rollins!!! gonzalez homer hat trick helped!
My Ebay - Please use this link when buying teams, bookmark it! and Breaks and Videos, come chat with us and watch live breaks on breakers.tv/643boxbreaks My Newest Project www.breakninja.com Awesome Checklist Site for all Sports Cards.
Subterfuge

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Thu-05-04

Nice! Gonzalez is going crazy this year. Tomorrow against Chase Anderson in Arizona. He could be 6k and I'm paying that tomorrow. Tomorrow there is a lot of nice plays for the evening slate. I'm hoping to be able to fit Gio as my pitcher to have a Gonalez train haha

unrelated note here's my golf

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/game ... c=70682660
Last edited by flyerstakedown716 on 2015-Apr-Thu-05-04, edited 1 time in total.
flyerstakedown716

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Fri-04-04

Tonight I like the Cardinals and Marlins(first 4 from each). First time this year I have Dee Gordon! Watch the weather for the NYM / ATL game. For pitchers I love Gio but can't fit him, I also like Pomeranz and Morrow. Not a great slate for pitchers.
flyerstakedown716

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Sat-05-04

Dee Gordon didn't disappoint in the 1st time using him this year https://www.fanduel.com/contest/1173117 ... 161749438/

These lineups are fanduel but can use for draftkings as the plays are the same.

P Dillon Gee
C Jason Castro
1B Chris Davis
2B Neil Walker
3B David Freese
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Alejandro De Aza
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Corey Dickerson

P James Nelson
C Miguel Montero
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Howie Kendrick
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Carl Crawford
OF Leonys Martin
OF Alejandro De Aza

P Dillon Gee
C Jason Castro
1B Chris Davis
2B Neil Walker
3B David Freese
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Alejandro De Aza
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Corey Dickerson

P Dillon Gee
C Jason Castro
1B Prince Fielder
2B Jose Altuve
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Dalton Pompey
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Charlie Blackmon

P Julio Teheran
C Jason Castro
1B Prince Fielder
2B Neil Walker
3B David Freese
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Adam Jones
OF Alejandro De Aza
OF Leonys Martin

P Dillon Gee
C Miguel Montero
1B Anthony Rizzo
2B Neil Walker
3B David Freese
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Charlie Blackmon
OF Matt Joyce

P James Nelson
C Jason Castro
1B Ryan Howard
2B Chase Utley
3B David Freese
SS Troy Tulowitzki
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Jose Bautista
OF Ben Revere

P James Nelson
C Jason Castro
1B Albert Pujols
2B Jose Altuve
3B David Freese
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Mike Trout
OF Matt Joyce
OF George Springer
Last edited by flyerstakedown716 on 2015-Apr-Sat-06-04, edited 2 times in total.
flyerstakedown716

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2015-Apr-Mon-08-04

I won't be home today for the afternoon slate, possibly the night slate as well. Early look I do like the Royals / Twins game as the wind is blowing out. I also like the mets.

Draftkings :

Sanchez
Zimmerman
Mauer
Morales
Dozier
Mostakus
Santana
Cain
Harper
Cuddyer

and hope for a home run derby type of game in Minnesota