I decided to make a new and separate spot for MLB since it'll be a long season. This will be a long introductory post so fair warning but it's a refresher and some strategy talk as well.
1. Why I do this?
I do fantasy sports for enjoyment. Like most, if not everyone at 643 I love sports. Daily fantasy sports provides a new challenge every single day. I post advice, players I like, possible lineups because if I can help someone win a few extra dollars with knowledge and a skill I have, I'm all for it. Also by writing these posts, it also allows me to double check my work and if I miss something I can catch it. Another benefit is if you have a question, or want to share your advice and who you like, it benefits all. 2 minds are better than 1.
2. Why you should try it?
On draftkings you can play as low as $0.25. If you play $0.25 every single day for the whole baseball season and lose every single day, it'll cost you $45. I don't play everyday myself but for about 6 months worth of entertainment it's not bad. Here's another reason. If you asked me a year and a half ago if I would be a major NBA, PGA, and MLB fan one day, I would of called you crazy but now I am. It allows you to learn and follow a new sport
3. Sites I play on
I do these post for absolutely nothing, I don't even get a pack of score or even pro set haha. But if you use my referral and use my picks and win I could get a penny or two.
Current promotion Use my referral and make a $5 deposit, you'll get a $20 entry into the opening day tournament or the pga millionaire maker. I will also get a ticket
Draftkings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/flyerstakedown716
Fanduel - will play sometimes for mlb
4. Fantasy Baseball Strategy based on draftkingsStacking
There's 3 types of stacks I like to do + my secret stack for the year
1. 1-6 Stack - This is where you pick the 1st 6 batters from a single team. This works well if there's a bad pitcher for the other team with a high over / under runs projection for a team.
2. 1-4, 6-7 stack - Similar to the first one but this stack use for a NL team that has a Pitcher hitting. Late in the game the pitcher may be replaced by a pinch hitter and possibly allow the 7th man to score.
3. Fanduel only but can use for draftkings if you pick a different catcher. 1-4 from 2 teams - for use in Coors field with 2 average to bad pitchers
4. Secret stack. Speed + Hitter + HR. Perfect example will be the Marlins. Dee Gordon + Christian Yelich + Stanton. You have Gordon who can steal, Yelich get on base, Stanton HR for a total of 25pts aboutUsing Opportunity
1. Handiness - Right Handed vs Left Handed, Left Handed vs Right Handed. When facing the opposite Hand, the ball curves towards you. When it does and it floats up, the odds for a HR are greatly increased.
2. Ballpark - Coors Field, Rodgers Center, Great American Ball Park, Chase Field, and Yankee Stadium are the top 5 Hitters park. For pitchers it's Padres, Seattle, and I forget what others but a quick google search can help.
3. 2015 opportunities - So far it seems like Left Handed Pitchers vs Philadelphia and Pitchers vs Atlanta Braves are the 2 best pitching opportunities. Other random stuff
Bullpen can win or lose you a Win, Premier Batting order is 1-5, For the NL 2nd Baseman who bats 7th or 8th is a good punt / value option. Last but not least reread my posts, sometimes you'll notice a pattern. Subscribe to this topic so you don't miss a post. I'll figure out posting times into the season when I get into a groove last but not least have fun and enjoy the year.How I research / what I do I use
I have an excel spreadsheet that updates each day. For MLB it factors in Linear and exponential regressions or in other terms moneyball analytic stats. It also factors in ballpark, temperature at game time, history, projections, etc. Also a book I recommend is Fantasy Baseball for Smart People. Yes I am a nerd so don't judge me.https://yho.com/mlb?l=131174&k=1adc0f1c ... b194daaa56
to follow the 643 yahoo league