The Following Breaks are Filling Now, Click the Links Below to Purchase your Spots.

fantasy nba

fantasy nba

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2014-Oct-Fri-11-10

With daily fantasy nba starting up and being my most profitable sport last year I wanted to wrtie a quick advice piece before I do my daily picks starting next week. Last year I won little over $1900 profit last season. It's a sport for me since I have no attachments to any teams and it's a strictly numbers point of view. This year I'm playing $5 to $27 a night. I do my picks because I want to help someone win a little extra. I don't have any referrals for nba except for 1 on draftkings so I'm not making anything.

NBA Tips -
On average for fanduel the target score is 300 to cash good. Some night it'll be 275 but I like 300 as a target as my floor. That's 33.3 pts per player.

A rule for salary / value I like 6times the salary. For example Troy Wroton is 5500, I'd roster him if I project him to get 33pts which is on par with my score target. If he fits based on matchup it's a plug him in.

things to look for - vegas lines are hugely important. Both the over / under and spread. Ideally you want the over / under to be set at 200 and have the spread be under 8. Also pace of play is another thing. More possesions = more points. Also like baseball hot streaks are common.

Note for nba - lineups can be released 15mins with late scratches before tip off sometimes. For that reason I like draftkings but I like fanduel for the prizes.

I do use my own projection system. Also take advantage of the first couple months, especially on Tuesday. Players join to play nfl and win. After they are like "oh I know lebron james he's good, I'll play him, etc."

I'll post my lineup daily after lock
flyerstakedown716

Re: fantasy nba

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2014-Oct-Tue-10-10

Usually I'll post during the day than again between 6PM to 6:45 PM since lineups can be crazy with being released.

For today based on draftkings.

PG - For the price I do like Jameer Nelson. I think he can get some Assists. There's also Elfrid Payton but I don't trust him. Lin and Beverly are in the same boat but that game does have the highest o/u. For Holiday I would pass on him based on price(see later).
SG - James Harden(must play player #1) He will be highly owned but highest o / u and the Lakers defense shouldn't be too improved. Yes Kobe will be probably be playing defense on him. I also think players new to nba will be on Kobe strictly for the name. Evan Fournier is a min price player who should start(to save on salary to get both Davis and Harden)
SF - There's 3 guys I like at SF.I am torn between 2 of the 3 if I got with a SF in my flex. I like Ariza and Tobias Harris. Wesley Johnson is the 3rd I'm looking at. The minutes should be there. I'm not sure what one of the 1st two I will go with.
PF - Anthony Davis.(must play player #2). Another option for the F spot is Terrance Jones(which is why I'm not playing all 3 SF). Borris Diaw will be starting but iffy on him
C - I like Dwight Howard here but too much especially since I want Harden and Davis in my lineup. In my one lineup I have Tyson Chandler.

Early lineup # 1
PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - James Harden
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Anthony Davis
C - Tyson Chandler
G - Evan Fournier
F - Terrance Jones
Util - Wesley Johnson

Early lineup #2 if you want Harden / Davis / Howard
PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - James Harden
SF - Wesley Johnson
PF - Anthony Davis
C - Dwight Howard
G - Evan Fournier
F - Borris Diaw
Util - Elfrid Payton

I like both about the same. The downsize to the 2nd one is you are hoping that Diaw and Payton do good and the fact with a 3 game slate all 3 top players will be highly owned. Tomorrow I like more since it's more games.

Note for fanduel - I really like this one I just did in under 2mins
PG - Jrue Holiday
PG - Jammer Nelson
SG - James Harden
SG - Evan Fournier
SF - Wesley Johnson
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Anthony Davis
PF - Terrance Jones
C - Tyson Chandler
Last edited by flyerstakedown716 on 2014-Oct-Tue-10-10, edited 1 time in total.
flyerstakedown716

Postby Chappy84 » 2014-Oct-Tue-03-10

Thanks for doing this. I can tell you put a lot of time and thought into your picks, so I appreciate you sharing them.

I can't stand basketball, but I do like money lol so I'm going to give basketball picks a shot...

I used your first 2 lineups and then did 2 of my own.

Where do you get your info for starting lineups? Worried about Howard not playing.
My Photobucket - http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/NChappy84/library/

Always looking for Leafs, Team Canada, Stamkos, Crosby, Lemieux.
Chappy84

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2014-Oct-Tue-04-10

This is where i go to get my starting lineups. But like Jason said, lineups can change up to 15 minutes before game time. This site is usually pretty good to only post once they have confirmation

http://www.rotowire.com/basketball/nba_lineups.htm
My Photo Bucket

My Twitter: @Golfnut77777
MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2014-Oct-Tue-05-10

I did one lineup on fanduel like yours and this one as well:

Holiday
Parker
Green
Gordon
Harkless
Parsons
Davis
Duncan
Chandler
My Photo Bucket

MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby Chappy84 » 2014-Oct-Tue-05-10

Awesome, thanks Todd. Rotowire is the one I found too, good to know its the good one.

Did you do basketball last year? If so, how did you do?

I just got into the cheap basketball pools. The $2 and the 25 cent.
My Photobucket - http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/NChappy84/library/

Always looking for Leafs, Team Canada, Stamkos, Crosby, Lemieux.
Chappy84

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2014-Oct-Tue-06-10

I think the best i did on any one pool last year in basketball was $80 win. I didn't do it as often as Jason does and I didn't keep track.
My Photo Bucket

MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2014-Oct-Tue-08-10

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback. First week will be a little tough as the defense vs position stats aren't out but I'll try my best. After that the picks should get better. First 2 weeks I recommend the $0.25 and $2 one until more stats are out. I also use rotowire. Last year for nba I did hit $1,000 winner. If Howard doesn't go on draftkings I have him in my flex and will pivot to kobe but I fully expect him to play
flyerstakedown716

Postby flyerstakedown716 » 2014-Oct-Wed-03-10

Well I played $8 in nba and won $11, lost my $2 in nhl. Net profit $1 wooo

Tonight there is a lot of cheap value plays. I'll try a new format and let me know what one you like better.

PG
High price - Curry, Lowry
Mid price - Dragic
Value - Donald Sloan, Wroton
Rankings - Curry, Wroton, Lowry, Dragic, Sloan. But it's really close between all 5, depends how you want the rest of your lineup

SG
High price - Harden, Bledsoe
Mid price - Kevin Martin, Kyle Korver, Alex Burks
Value - Otto Porter
Rankings - Bledsoe, Korver, Matin, Burks, Harden(back to back and price) Porter. Bledsoe and Burks is the way to go I think.

SF
High Price - Melo, Josh Smith, Batum
Mid Price - Draymond Green(If starts)
Value - CJ Miles
Rankings - Josh Smith, CJ Miles, Batum, Green, Melo(price). Batum could be a lower owned possibility. Don't like this position tonight

PF
High Price - Zach Randolph, Ibaka, Alridge(history vs OKC)
Mid Price - Sullinger, Markieff Morris, Terrance Jones, Noel
Value - Luis Scola, Marcus Morris.
Rankings - Sullinger(but can get into foul trouble), Alridge, Noel, Markieff, Terrance Jones, Marcus Morris, Randolph, Ibaka, Scola. Another tough position.

C
High price - Jefferson, Cousins, Drummond.
Mid Price - Hibbert, Noah, Gortat, Enes Kanter
Value - none pay up
Rankings - Drummond, Jefferson, Cousins, Hibbert, Noah, Gortat, Kanter.

Tonight I think you pay up for Center and PG. I would even use a Center for the Util spot.
flyerstakedown716

Postby Golfnut77777 » 2014-Oct-Wed-03-10

I have done a few nba for tonight. They are all on fanduel ($1 and freeroll). Here is what I have:

$1
PG-Beverly
PG-Wroten
SG-Harden
SG-DeRozan
SF-Porter
SF-Miles
PF-Marcus Morris
PF-Ibaka
C-Cousins

$1
PG-Curry
PG-Collison
SG-Harden
SG-Ross
SF-D. Green
SF-Carroll
PF-Thompson
PF-Jones
C-Cousins

Freeroll
PG-Westbrook
PG-Beverly
SG-Harden
SG-Burks
SF-D. Green
SF-Carroll
PF-Anthony
PF-Thompson
C-Hill

The second $1 one I did about 2 hours ago. The first $1 I did with your input Jason. The freeroll, i picked the 3 highest $ guys and then went average from there. I have not checked on starting lineups as of yet so these may change if none of these guys are starting.
My Photo Bucket

MY EBAY
Golfnut77777

Next

Return to 643 Fantasy Sports